The tavern became a hotel
Das Mühlbach started life some 200 years ago as a tavern on the village square in Safferstetten. It slowly transformed into the hotel we know today.
Our history begins in 1798, when our ancestor Johann Freudenstein opens a tavern in Safferstetten.
Tradition of hospitality
In 1912 they began construction on the new building, which still exists and is now part of the hotel.
After hot springs were discovered in the 1950's the first lodging rooms were built on the upper floor.
In 1974 senior partner Franz Freudenstein took over his familiy's business and, along with his wife Rita, has created the four star superior hotel we know today. Meanwhile, Florian and Elke Freudenstein, the seventh generation to manage the hotel, have successfully carried on with the tradition of hospitality. Their personal commitment and innovative concepts follow directly in the footsteps of the Freudenstein family.